Sunday, September 7, 2014

'Waratahs Super 15 CHAMPIONS'

   Yes, and I don't just mean of March... but the whole thing... and this is the newest t-shirt in my collection!! It arrived this week after enough people ordered it for the print run and I guess in case it was a Father's Day order.
   I've been a Waratahs Life Member since they capitalised on thee 1991 Rugby World Cup and the membership categories launched then offered a first buyer 'window' for Test tix when Bledisloe Tests sold out in 20mins to the public!!
   I've sat through 2-4 games a season every year since and whilst I wasn't there with less than 10000 in the pouring rain I was there with 12000 hardy fans who had pre paid tix when the Tahs were really awful!! Often a Brumbies game was a highlight because at least one team would play how the game should be and as long as it was a good game who cares!!
   Under Michael Cheika the Tahs were no certainty in the Final and South African teams still challenged their attacking style... BUT they played really well and deserved the win!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment